http://www.wholehealthclinic.com/discus2/messages/5/252.html?1238725569 
이곳에 올려진글을 가져옵니다. 한글 번역글입니다. 

I am one of the original Dahn enthusiasts in my region. I first walked into a new Dahn center opening in my old neighborhood almost a decade ago. And now, after all these years, I am leaving. I feel like Neo in the Matrix when he takes the red pill and wakes up and really SEES for the first time, with open eyes. Once you take the red pill, you can't go back. And I wouldn't want to. I am eternally, blissfully grateful for having the courage to take that red pill. In answer to your question: Oh yes, indeedy, Dahn Yoga most certainly is a destructive cult. Pretty much the worst things you have heard are true. It's been about six weeks or so since I first started to wake up from the Dahn belief system, and the universe just keeps bringing more and more info to me. It just keeps coming. 
나는 우리 지역 단요가 열혈 추종자 중 하나다. 십 년 전쯤 원래 살던 곳에 새로 문을 연 단 센터에 들어간 것이 처음이었다. 그리고 수 년이 지난 지금, 이제 나는 떠나려고 한다. 난 마치 매트릭스의 네오가 처음 빨간 약을 받아 먹고는 일어나 처음 눈을 뜨고 진실을 보았을 때와 같은 기분이 든다. 빨간 약을 먹었다면, 되돌아갈 수 없다. 그리고 되돌아가고 싶지도 않다. 나는 빨간 약을 먹게끔 해 준 용기에 정말로, 진심으로 감사한다. 당신의 질문에 대한 대답은 yes다. 단요가는 정말로 파괴적인 컬트 집단이다. 당신이 들은 나쁜 것들은 거의 다 사실이다. 처음 단요가의 믿음 시스템으로 일어나기 시작한 후로 약 6주가 지났다. 더 많은 정보들이 나에게 계속 들어오고 있다. 정보는 그냥 오기만 한다. 

If you are in Dahn now, either as an enthusiastic member with mostly/only super postive experiences thus far, or if you are one of the members who are being groomed to become a master, or if you are actually an instructor (instructors used to be called "masters" but the organization recently changed that practice), and you are reading this, I say to you: 
만약 당신이 현재 단요가의 회원이라면, 그래서 지금까지 무척 긍정적인 경험만을 했거나 그 경험이 대부분인 열성 회원이든, 마스터가 되기 위해 훈련 중인 사람이거나, 혹은 실제 지도자이건 간에(지도자는 보통 “마스터”로 불리지만, 최근 조직은 그 관례를 변화시켰다), 이를 읽었으면 한다. 내가 해 줄 말은 다음과 같다. 

I know you are probably going to dismiss what I am saying as nonsense from someone who is "unenlightened" or just "not getting it," even though I've probably been involved much longer than you have. You have been conditioned to think this way by the group leaders. Your critical thinking process has been systematically disengaged, in such a masterful way, that you (an intelligent, thoughtful person) aren't even aware of it. But I do know this. In the back of your brain, there is still some small voice that is questioning and wondering if this is all true, if Dahn is for real... 
내가 당신보다 훨씬 오래 단요가에 속해 있었음에도 아마 당신은 나를 “깨달음을 얻지 못한 사람”이나 혹은 그냥 “이해를 하지 못 한 사람”으로 치부해 버릴지도 모른다. 당신은 그룹의 리더들로부터 이런 방식으로 사고하도록 교육을 받았다. 당신의 중요한 사고 과정은 권위적인 방식으로 체계적으로 격리되어 여러분은(똑똑하고 사려 깊은 사람임에도) 이를 인지조차 하지 못 할 것이다. 그러나 난 이 사실도 알고 있다. 당신의 뇌 뒤쪽에서, 누군가 작은 목소리로 이 모든 것이 사실인지 아닌지, 단이 실제인지를 물어보고 의심하고 있다는 것을… 

Only a very small handful of members don't have that questioning voice in their brains, and these people are truly the victims in all of this. That small group are called by those who have left "the lifers." The lifers may never get out. And I pray for them, I do. But you. YOU know that you have that small critical voice still inside. It's been supressed and buried as much as possible. You've been taught to regard it as "resistance" and laziness and "negative information" and any number of blocks your ego is throwing up to keep your soul from growing. What you don't know now is that that small critical voice in your head is what is going to save you in the end. It is a blessing, and later you will be very grateful for it. 
극소수의 회원만이 자신의 뇌에서 의문의 목소리를 내지 않고 있으며, 이런 사람들이 이 모든 것의 진정한 희생자들이다. 이 작은 그룹은 “일생을 건 사람”으로 남겨진 이들이라 불리운다. 일생을 건 이 사람들은 절대 탈퇴하지 않는다. 그리고 나는 그들을 위해 진실로 기도한다. 하지만 당신. 당신은 이 작고 중요한 목소리가 여전히 당신 안에서 들리고 있음을 알고 있을 것이다. 이 목소리는 가능한 한 눌리고 묻혀있어 왔다. 당신은 이를 “저항”과 게으름, 그리고 “부정적 정보”로 생각하도록 교육받았고, 당신의 자아에 벽돌을 쌓아 올려 영혼이 자라나지 못 하도록 막아왔다. 현재 당신이 모르는 것은 당신 머릿속에 있는 그 작지만 중요한 목소리가 마침내 당신을 구원해 줄 것이라는 것이다. 그것은 축복이며, 나중에 매우 감사해 할 것이다. 

You see, you have taken all of these classes and trainings thru Dahn, thru your center and Sedona, and maybe you've even gone to Korea, and as a result, it's like a voice (another voice) has been implanted in your brain that constantly filters and analyzes everything you see and hear thru the Dahn belief system. So I already know in advance how your brain is going to immediately dismiss what I am saying. If you can't find an explanation for my assertions, then you will just shut your mind down entirely and will refuse to think about it at all. And you'll go on your merry way. 
알다시피, 당신은 단을 통해, 센터와 세도나를 통해 모든 수업과 훈련을 받았을 것이고, 아마 한국에도 가 보았을 것이다. 그리고 그 결과, 목소리(또 다른 목소리)가 뇌에 심어져 당신이 단의 믿음 시스템을 통해 보고 듣는 모든 것을 지속적으로 여과하고 분석하는 것처럼 생각될 것이다. 그래서 난 이미 당신의 뇌가 내가 말한 것에 어떻게 즉각적으로 잊어버릴지를 알고 있다. 내 주장에 대해 설명할 거리를 찾지 못 하면 당신은 그냥 마음을 닫고 전혀 생각하지 않으려 할 것이다. 그러곤 좋은 기분을 유지하려 할 것이다. 

But I know you. I WAS you. For many, many years. And I know that behind that voice implanted by the Dahn belief system, is the real you, that critical voice you've been taught to disregard. That voice will read what I am saying here and will wonder if it's actually true. You will wonder. You will probably dismiss, for now. But you WILL wonder. 
그러나 난 당신을 알고 있다. 난 바로 당신 같았다. 아주 오랜 시간 동안. 그리고 단의 믿음 시스템이 심어놓은 그 목소리 뒤에, 당신이 무시하라는 가르침을 받았던 그 중요한 목소리, 진짜 당신이 있다. 그 목소리는 여기 내가 말하는 것을 읽을 것이고 이것이 사실인지 의아해 할 것이다. 당신은 궁금할 것이다. 아마도 당신은 지금 당장은 잊게 될 것이다. 그러나 당신은 궁금해 할 것이다. 

And weeks or months or even years from now, when you, too, decide to leave Dahn (because almost everyone does, eventually), you may remember this post. And if you remember nothing else that I have said here, there is one thing you SHOULD remember, because it will help you so much: it's called "mind control." When you are ready, and you are leaving Dahn, and you are connecting with a whole network of supportive, loving individuals who have also left and who are willing to talk to and listen and share with you, then you will be searching for answers, and this concept will be enormously helpful to you. There is a book that really helped me to make sense of my experience and the Dahn belief system: it's called "Combatting Cult Mind Control." It's a bestseller than you can order thru Amazon. It was written before Dahn existed, but you will be absolutely stunned, as I was, by the parallels between Dahn and other cults that came before it. 
_1.jpg
그리고는 지금부터 몇 주, 몇 달, 혹은 몇 년 후, 당신도 단을 떠나기로 결정했을 때(왜냐하면 결국 모든 사람들이 떠나니까) 당신은 지금 이 글이 생각나게 될 것이다. 만약 내가 여기 말했던 것이 기억나지 않는다 해도, 한 가지는 반드시 기억해야 한다. 도움이 많이 될 것이니까. 그것은 “마인드 컨트롤”이라는 것이다. 준비가 되어 단을 떠날 때, 역시나 단을 떠난 후 당신에게 이야기해주고 당신의 이야기를 들어주며 공유하며 지지해주고 사랑해 줄 개인 네트워크에 접속하면, 해답을 얻게 될 것이며, 많은 도움이 될 것이다. 나의 경험과 단의 믿음 시스템을 이해할 수 있도록 정말 도움이 많이 되었던 책이 있다. 책 제목은 “Combatting Cult Mind Control”이다. 아마존을 통해 주문할 수 있는 베스트셀러이다. 이는 단이 존재하기도 전에 쓰여졌으나, 읽어 보면 분명 나처럼 단이나 다른 숭배 사상이나 동종임을 알고 놀라게 될 것이다. 

I have come to understand that people walking in the door are usually groomed in one of two ways: either you're an enthusiastic member repeatedly pushed to pay lots of money for healing sessions and workshops, including repeated trips to Sedona. This is the group that is solely being used for money. These people are usually middle-aged or older and out of shape when they join. They will end up giving THOUSANDS of dollars to Dahn. 
문을 열고 들어오는 사람들은 두 가지 방식 중 하나로 보통 훈련되어 있음을 알게 되었다. 당신이 열성 회원이건 아니건 간에 힐링 세션과 워크샵에 많은 돈을 들이도록 강요 받았을 것이며, 세도나로의 여행도 반복했을 것이다. 이 그룹은 보통 돈을 많이 쓴다. 보통은 중년층 이상이며, 가입 당시 몸이 쇠약하다. 이들의 결말은 단에 수천 달러를 기부하는 것으로 끝나게 된다. 

The other group is smaller. These are the young, bright, vibrant people who are recruited to be instructors. They usually don't have much money (although they will be pushed to open multiple credit card accounts and to ask their families for money). They are wanted for their ENERGY. One of the most interesting things I learned about cults is that they specifically target strong, vibrant people (not weaklings) because they know these will make the most enthusiastic, charismatic leaders who can convince others to join. 
또 다른 그룹은 규모가 좀 더 작다. 젊고, 똑똑하며, 활기에 넘치는 사람들로 보통 지도자로 선발되었다. 이들은 보통 돈이 많지 않다(그러나 몇 개의 신용 카드를 만들고, 가족에게 돈을 요구하도록 강요 받는다). 이들에게는 에너지를 원한다. 컬트에 대해 내가 배운 것 중 가장 흥미로운 것 중 하나는 이들이 강하고 활발한 사람(약하지 않은)을 지도자로 선발해 다른 사람들이 확실히 가입할 수 있도록 한다는 것이다. 

So you might be reading this post and a member of either group 1 or group 2. If you're in group 1, you're only going to be shown the most positive aspects of the group. Your experiences will be controlled in such a way by the group leaders that they are only positive, and that is because they want you to keep shelling out that money. It is amazing to behold the number of wealthy, middle-aged members of Dahn. It is common knowledge now that Dahn only opens centers in wealthy, white-bread neighborhoods. However, if you're in this group, observe the way that Dahn has completely engulfed your life. The instructors push you to do all kinds of trainings, and to spend most of your time at the center. Sure, the exercises make you feel quite good, but notice how doing them has begun to take up such large amounts of your time. Also notice that if you are hesistant to do the next in a long line of expensive trainings, you will be made to understand by the instructor that your reasons for hesitating are not valid. Ever. You are told that it's "your choice," but take note of the way they react when you say no. Watch and observe carefully. 
그러니 당신은 이 글을 읽을 수도 있고 위 설명한 그룹 1이나 2에 속해있을 수도 있다. 만약 당신이 그룹 1에 속해 있다면, 당신은 그룹의 가장 긍정적인 면만을 보게 될 것이다. 당신의 경험은 긍정적이기만 한 그룹 리더들에 의해 통제할 것인데, 이는 당신이 계속 돈을 쓰길 바라기 때문이다. 부유한 중년 회원들을 단이 보유하고 있는 것을 보면 놀랍다. 단이 부유한 백인들이 사는 동네에만 센터를 여는 것은 이제 일반적으로 다 알고 있는 사실이다. 그러나 당신이 만약 이 그룹에 속해있다면, 단이 당신의 삶을 송두리째 삼켜버리는 방법을 관찰해봐야 할 것이다. 지도자는 당신이 모든 종류의 훈련에 참여하여 대부분의 시간을 센터 내에서 보내도록 강요한다. 물론 운동을 하면 기분은 꽤 좋아질 것이다. 하지만 그렇게 하는 것이 어떻게 그리 많은 시간이 소요되는 지를 생각해보라. 만약 그 뒤로도 쭉 있는 비싼 훈련들을 받아야 할지를 주저하고 있으면, 지도자가 당신의 그런 주저함의 이유가 쓸모 없는 일임을 이해시키려 노력하는 것에 주목하라. “당신의 선택”이란 말을 듣겠지만, 안 한다고 말할 때 그들이 반응하는 방식에 주목해 보라. 주의 깊게 보고 관찰하라. 

Group 2 members are the true victims of mind control, and that is what people must understand who are criticizing Dahn. The young instructors running these centers are victims themselves. They are to be pitied, not attacked. Imagine the trauma their families feel at having lost a son/daughter/wife/husband/sister/brother to this organization. 
그룹 2 회원들은 마인드 컨트롤의 진정한 희생자이며, 단을 비판하는 사람들이 반드시 이해해야 할 것이기도 하다. 이 센터들을 운영하는 젊은 지도자들은 그 스스로도 희생자이다. 이들은 공격이 아니라 동정을 받아야 한다. 이 조직에 자신의 아들/딸/부인/남편/형제/자매를 잃어버린 가족들의 정신적 고통을 생각해보라. 

Another classic hallmark of cults is the belief of the most involved members & leaders that they are part of a special, "chosen," elite, a group of spiritual revolutionaries who are going to heal the world. Did you know that this is the view of pretty much all cults? Did you know that this is what members of the Moonies also believed? When you are eventually coming out of the Dahn belief system, and you are reading everything about this subject that you can get your hands on, you will be flabbergasted to learn the number of parallels between Dahn and the Moonies. I now believe that, historically speaking, Dahn is a more sophisticated, modern-day version of the Moonies. 
컬트의 또 다른 전형적인 성질은 대부분 관련된 회원이나 리더들이 특별히 “선택된” 엘리트이며, 세상을 치유해 줄 영적 혁명가라는 믿음을 가지고 있다는 것이다. 거의 모든 컬트 사상들이 이러한 관점을 가지고 있음을 알고 있었는가? 문선명조직들도 또한 이렇게 믿고 있음을 알고 있는가? 당신이 단의 믿음 시스템에서 결국에는 빠져 나와서 단에 대한 모든 정보들을 읽을 때, 당신은 아마도 단과 문선명조직의 수많은 공통점을 보고 깜짝 놀라게 될 것이다. 역사적으로 볼 때, 나는 이제 단이 문선명조직보다는 좀 더 세련되며 현대적 버전임은 알게 되었다. 

Here are some of the things I have learned in the last 6 weeks: 
여기 지난 6주간 내가 배운 것들을 써 보겠다. 

The business model for the American Dahn system is a Ponzi scheme. This is similar to a pyramid scheme. This is what Madoff was recently jailed for. A Ponzi scheme operates with a central figurehead at the top (Ilchi Lee). The next 2 or 3 levels of the pyramid (his closest associates - most of whom are shadow figures who you will never meet) are the only ones making money. And they are making MILLIONS, buying real estate left and right, creating many new "front groups" (another classic cult hallmark) and enterprises. Going down and down the pyramid, you get to levels, say, 8 and 9. These are the people who are MAKING the money for those at the top. These are the people who are in charge of the grunt work, the sweat, the labor, and most importantly, bringing new recruits into the scheme. The level 8 and 9 people are the Dahn instructors running the centers. These people work 100 hours a week for little money. They sleep 3 to 5 hours a night. They live in communal housing. Almost every moment of their time is given to inventing ways to make more $$$ for their center and for Dahn. In Dahn language, they are working for their "vision." 
미국 단 시스템의 사업 모델은 폰지 사기(Ponzi scheme: 폰지형 이자 사기 방식)법이다. 이것은 피라미드 사기와 유사한 방법이다. 최근 매도프(Bernard Madoff.70세) 前 나스닥 증권거래소 위원장) 도 이로 인해 수감되었다. 폰지 사기는 중앙 맨 위에 위치하고 있는 표면상 대표(일지 이승헌)가 운영하게 된다. 그 아래로 있는 피라미드의 두 세 번째에 위치한 사람만이(가장 친근한 관련자-대부분 당신은 절대로 만나보지 못 할 그림자 같은 존재이다) 돈을 번다. 이들은 수백만을 벌어, 왼쪽 오른쪽에 부동산을 사고, 새로운 “표면상 조직”(또 다른 전형적인 컬트의 증거)과 기업을 많이 만들어낸다. 피라미드의 아랫단으로 갈수록 당신이 속한 8이나 9 레벨이 된다. 이 사람들이 꼭대기에 있는 사람들을 위해 돈을 만들어내는 사람들이다. 이 사람들이 더럽고, 땀 흘리는 노동을 하며, 가장 중요한, 새로운 회원 모집을 하게 된다. 레벨 8이나 9의 사람들은 센터를 운영하는 단의 지도자들이다. 이들은 거의 돈을 받지 않고 주 100시간을 일한다. 밤에는 3-5시간밖에 자지 않는다. 이들은 공동 주거에서 생활한다. 매 순간 어떻게 하면 센터와 단이 더 많은 돈을 벌어들일까를 궁리하는데 보낸다. 단조직의 언어로 그들은 “비전”을 위해 일하고 있다. 

In this context, the way to convince a level 8 and 9 person on the pyramid to work like this, constantly and endlessly, to maximize profits and bring in new members, is to impose an elaborate belief system, something they can passionately and fervently believe in, a religion (if you will), that they will defend to the end. Also necessary is to utilize techniques of mind control in order to disengage their critical thinking processes. Again, I point anyone interested in this subject to the book "Combatting Cult Mind Control," which can be ordered off Amazon. 
이러한 상황에서 피라미드의 레벨 8과 9에 위치한 사람들이 지속적으로 영원히 이렇게 일해 새로운 회원들을 유치하고 이익을 최대화하게 하려면 뭔가 그들이 열정적으로 강렬하게 믿어 끝까지 방어할 수 있는 종교 같은(가능하다면), 믿음 시스템을 만들어 강요하여야 한다. 그리고 이들이 생각하지 못 하도록 마인드 컨트롤 기법을 사용할 필요가 있다. 다시 한 번 말하지만, 이 점에 관심이 있는 사람이라면 아마존에서 구입할 수 있는 "Combatting Cult Mind Control"을 참조하길 바란다. 

Forty percent of the income at Dahn centers is given to Ilchi Lee, and the center instructors assume it's for opening new centers and other programmatic expenses. What is kept from them is that much of this money is for the personal enrichment of Lee and the people on the next 2 or 3 levels of the pyramid. Evidence of this is everywhere, and devoted members don't want to see it. 
단 센터 수입의 40%는 일지 이승헌에게 돌아가며, 센터 지도자는 이 돈이 새로운 센터와 다른 프로그램에 지출할 것이라 생각한다. 이 돈의 대부분은 일지 이승헌과 피라미드의 레벨 2와 3에 있는 사람들의 부로 채워지게 됨은 사람들에겐 비밀이 된다. 이에 대한 증거는 도처에 널렸다. 그러나 헌신적인 회원들은 증거를 보고 싶어하지 않는다. 

Many of you may have been in Sedona and seen Ilchi Lee's Hummer and his entourage of personal attendants who travel with him (usually anonymous, interchangeable Korean men in business suits). If you went so far as to inquire why Lee drives this expensive, environmentally-unfriendly vehicle, you were probably told that he needs it for the difficult terrain around Sedona, or that he needs it for "protection." Right? But if you really take some space and sit and think about this situation, you will see that your first impulse was correct, after all: there IS something not right about Lee's being driven around in a Hummer. In the context of the Dahn belief system, it doesn't fit. And your rational brain immediately sensed this. But the group leaders are experts at convincing you to distrust your own intuition and to conclude that there are things going on at higher levels in the group that you don't need to understand or question. 
당신은 세도나에 가봤을 것이고 일지 이승헌의 허머자동차( JUNE NOTE:허머는 차량, 엔진의 크기만큼이나 엄청나게 기름을 많이 먹는 차로 이 차에서 뿜어져 나오는 막대한 이산화탄소는 환경을 파괴하는데 일조하는 차의 대명사로 불리우고 허머를 가진 사람들은 부와 남성스러움의 상징으로 타고 다니는 과시용차) 와 그와 함께 여행하는 측근들(보통은 무명이며 양복을 입은 한국인이 교대한다)을 보았을 것이다. 일지 이승헌이 왜 이렇게 비싸고 환경 비친화적인 자동차를 몰고 다니느냐를 의심해 봤다면, 아마도 당신은 세도나 지역의 포장 상태가 안 좋으니까 혹은 “보호”를 위해 필요하겠지 라고 생각할 것이다. 맞지 않은가? 하지만 약간 거리를 두고 앉아 이 상황에 대해 생각해보면, 결국 처음 했던 생각이 맞음을 알게 될 것이다. 일지 이승헌이 허머를 타고 다녀야 할 이유는 아무것도 없다. 단의 믿음 시스템에 의거해 볼 때, 이것은 이치에 맞지 않다. 그리고 당신의 이성적인 뇌도 이를 즉각 감지했을 것이다. 그러나 그룹 리더들은 당신이 자신의 직관을 믿지 못 하도록 하고, 윗선에서 진행되는 일은 당신이 이해나 의심할 필요도 없다고 확신시키는데 전문가들이다. 

I can look back now in amazement at the way I "turned off my brain" in these sorts of situations and meekly accepted the explanations given me by the group leaders. And how ironic that Dahn is all about "waking up your brain"! The cognitive dissonance and groupthink are rampant. 
되돌아보면 내가 이런 종류의 상황에 “내 뇌의 전원을 꺼버리고” 그룹 리더들의 설명을 순종적으로 받아들였다는 사실이 놀랍니다. 그런데 단이 “당신의 뇌를 깨운다”는 것이 얼마나 아이러니한가! 인지적 불협화(모순 또는 상반되는 신념, 태도 따위를 동시에 갖는 데서 오는 심리적 불안 )와 집단 사고는 유행이다. 

The imposing of a spiritual belief system over a Ponzi scheme business model in order to rake in millions is really, truly genius. Lee and his associates should be congratulating themselves. They've done a great job, haven't they? Let's have a round of applause for them. Bravo, boys! 
수백만을 긁어모으기 위해 영적인 믿음 시스템에 폰지 사기 사업 모델을 부합시킨 것은 정말 진실로 천재적이다. 일지 이승헌과 그의 추종자들은 스스로 축하를 하고 있을 것이다. 정말 굉장한 일을 하지 않았는가? 박수를 보내자! 브라보! 

The most troubling aspect of what I have recently learned is definitely painful to write and to think about, but I believe it's important to air it out and let it see the light of day. I have become aware of an entire network of women who have been sexually abused by Ilchi Lee. 
최근 내가 알게 된 것 중 가장 문제가 되는 것은 쓰거나 생각하는 것조차 고통스럽지만, 밖으로 내 보내 빛을 보게끔 만드는 것이 중요하다고 믿는다. 나는 일지 이승헌에게 성적으로 학대를 받은 여성들의 모임을 알게 되었다. 

For those who are reading this and are still heavily involved with Dahn, I know your brain is going to try to filter out and dismiss what I am saying as untrue. I know this because for years my brain did the same thing when I was presented with similar info (being rumors on the Internet). But for the first time, this info was presented to me in a way that I could not dismiss, because it was coming from people that I personally know and trust, not just strangers on the Internet. 
여전히 단에 깊이 관여하고 있는 사람이 이 글을 읽으면, 그 사람의 뇌가 이를 여과하여 내가 말하는 것이 사실이 아니라고 잊어버리려 할 것임을 알고 있다. 나도 수년간 이런 정보에 노출되었을 때(인터넷에 떠도는 루머) 내 뇌에서 똑 같은 일을 했었기에 잘 알고 있다. 그러나 인터넷 상의 모르는 자가 아닌 내가 개인적으로 잘 알고 있으며 믿고 있는 사람들로부터 이 이야기를 들었기 때문에 그냥 잊을 수가 없었다. 

Yes, it is true. I personally know a young American woman who claims to have been raped by Ilchi Lee. And I believe her. She is one of the last peope in the world I could imagine fabricating such a story. Through her, and through other connections, I have become aware that there are many such woman who assert that they were coerced into sex by Lee. Let's just take some space for a moment and sit and really think about this. 
그래, 이것은 사실이다. 나는 일지 이승헌에게 강간당했다고 주장하는 한 젊은 미국 여성을 개인적으로 잘 알고 있다. 나는 그녀를 믿는다. 그녀는 그런 이야기를 꾸며낼 수 있는 사람이 아니다. 그녀를 통해, 그리고 다른 관련자들을 통해, 나는 일지 이승헌과 강제로 성관계를 가졌다 주장하는 여성들이 많이 있음을 알게 되었다. 여기서 잠시 시간을 내서 이에 대해서 생각해 보자. 

I will say it again: There are many such woman who assert that they were coerced into sex by Lee. How truly powerful is that statement? Now, if you are still heavily involved in Dahn, your brain is going to be busily at work right now, filtering what I am saying thru the Dahn belief system so that you will dismiss my words or tune them out. I don't need you to be convinced, because I am confident that down the road, when you yourself are ready to walk, you will be ready for this information, and it will come to you. You will be ready for that red pill. All that you really need to remember right now is that there is such a concept as mind control, and this: that when you do leave Dahn, even though you REALLY don't believe it now, your life is going to improve so much. You can't see it now, but Dahn has taken the world AWAY from you, and by leaving, you will get it back. You will get back a resolute faith in yourself and your own strength. 
다시 말하겠다. 일지 이승헌과 강제로 성관계를 가졌다 주장하는 여성들이 많이 있다. 이 말이 얼마나 강력한가? 자, 이제 당신이 단에 깊이 관여하고 있다면, 당신의 뇌는 지금 내가 말한 것을 여과하여 내 말을 잊어버리기 위해 바쁘게 움직일 것이다. 당신이 확신시키고 싶진 않다. 어차피 당신이 길가로 나와 걸을 준비가 되면, 이러한 정보들도 들을 준비가 될 테니까. 그리고 정보가 당신에게로 갈 테니까. 당신이 빨간 약을 먹을 준비가 될 테니까. 지금 당장 기억해야 할 것은 마인드 컨트롤이라는 컨셉이 있다는 사실이다. 그리고 이것이, 당신이 단을 떠날 때, 지금은 믿어지지 않겠지만, 당신의 삶이 많이 향상될 것이다. 지금은 볼 수 없겠지만, 단이 당신에게서 멀어지면, 그리고 당신이 단을 떠나게 되면 알게 될 것이다. 자신의 불굴의 신념과 자신의 강함을 되찾게 될 것이다. 

Try to go back and remember, if you can, when you first walked into a Dahn center. Try to remember the way that you felt (physically, emotionally, etc.) and who you were at that time. Now, no doubt, Dahn (the exercise practice) has made many improvements in your life. I read many accounts by people with disease and illness and Dahn exercise classes have really helped them to feel better and to build physical strength. The fact that the exercise program is so beneficial is Ilchi Lee's biggest ally, because when members hear cult accusations about Dahn, their brains immediately bombard them with memories of how crappy they felt before they started doing the practice, and how good they feel when they leave class, and they conclude the accusations must be false. More advanced members think about how fabulous they feel after workshops, or the loving, Buddha-like qualities of the group leaders. 
할 수만 있다면 처음 단 센터에 발을 디디던 순간으로 되돌아 기억해 보라. 그 때 느꼈던 감정(육체적으로나 정신적으로나)을 기억해 보고, 그 때 당시에 당신은 어땠는가 기억해보라. 의심할 여지도 없이 단은(운동 연습)은 삶에 큰 향상을 이끌어냈다. 병을 앓고 있던 사람들이 단에서 운동을 한 후 정말 많이 나았으며 신체 건강이 좋아졌다는 이야기를 많이 들었다. 사실 운동 프로그램의 효과는 대단해서, 일지 이승헌의 가장 큰 동맹군이기도 하다. 왜냐하면 회원이 단의 컬트 사상을 비난하는 말을 들으면, 그들의 뇌는 즉시 운동 전 얼마나 힘들어하다, 수업을 듣고 나가면서 그 상쾌했던 기분을 떠올리면서 저 비난은 잘못된 것일 것이라 생각할 것이기 때문이다. 좀 더 오래된 회원이라면 워크샵 후 기분이 얼마나 좋았던지, 혹은 그룹 리더들의 정답고 마치 부처 같은 품성들을 생각하게 될 것이다. 

What members don't understand is that, within the classic cult hierarchy, the group leaders are ALWAYS described as these loving, compassionate, kind, Buddha-like creatures. This is exactly how members of the Moonies described the leaders of THEIR group, and the Hare Krishnas, and so on. I now believe that radiating that Buddha-like state is a practiced and cultivated habit that anyone can become good at. The instructors interact with dozens of members a day and thus become very, VERY good at this. What is important is how they are behind closed doors, when paying members aren't around, and I know that they are as human as you or me, and no more "enlightened" than anyone else.
회원들이 이해 못 하는 것은, 전형적인 컬트 사상의 경우, 그룹의 리더들이 항상 정답고, 열정적이며, 친절하고, 마치 부처와 같은 생명체로써 묘사된다는 것이다. 이는 문선명조직의 회원들이 그들의 그룹과 해어 크리쉬나스 (인도의 신비주의적 종교 그룹) 등에 대해 설명하는 방법과 같다. 이제 나도 부처와 같은 상태는 누구든지 능숙하게 될 수 있다는 연습과 고양된 습관으로 이루어진 것임을 알고 있다. 지도자는 하루 수십 명의 회원들과 상호 작용하므로 사람을 다루는데 매우 매우 익숙하다. 중요한 것은 회원들이 없는 곳의 닫혀진 문 뒤에 있는 그들의 본 모습이다. 그들은 더 이상 “깨달음을 얻은” 사람이 아닌 우리와 똑 같은 사람임을 나는 알고 있다. 

Now, in the beginning, terms such as "dahn jon" were unfamiliar to you and sounded silly, and you may have dismissed as hooey their pushing you to try this or that. Eventually, though, you gave in, and you found that - hey! boy oh boy! - they were right! You feel so much better! 
자, 처음 시작할 때, “단전”과 같은 용어는 들어본 적도 없고 이상하게 들리며, 이거 해 봐라 저거 해 봐라 강요하는 것도 바보 같다고 느낄 것이다. 그러나 결국 당신은 받아들이고 옳다는 것을 발견하며, 기분이 훨씬 좋아짐을 느낀다! 

And in this way, your resistance to the group's doctrine begins to be worn down. Remember, you are being led down a path, shown new things in incremental steps, and given info about the belief system in small doses at a time. After you allow them to lead you those first few steps, when you're still a newbie and all that Korean terminology is new and strange, and you figure out that what they're telling you, thus far, is actually quite true, and following their instructions results in positive changes in your health and state of mind, you start to doubt yourself. Let me repeat: This is when you start to doubt yourself and your own intuition. As you go farther down the path, more and more info they're telling you is unproveable because it's actually religious in nature. "Growing your soul" and helping others to grow their souls, these are unproveable concepts requiring a leap of faith on your part. 
그리고 이런 식으로 그룹의 교리에 대한 당신의 저항은 차츰 사라지게 된다. 당신은 유혹을 당해, 새로운 것을 단계별로 보게 되며, 믿음 시스템에 대한 정보도 한 번에 조금씩만 받게 될 것을 기억하라. 몇 단계 이끌려 가다 보면 모든 것이 새롭고, 한국어 용어들도 이상하기만 하다가 이 사람들이 지금까지는 진실만을 말한다고 생각이 되면서, 몸과 마음에 긍정적 변화를 일으키는 그들의 지도를 따라 하다가 스스로 의심하게 된다. 다시 한번 말하겠다. 지금이 당신 자신과 자신의 직감을 의심해 볼 때이다. 더 깊이 들어가면, 정보는 더 많아지고 그 정보의 본성이 종교라 증명하기도 힘들어진다. “자신의 영혼을 자라게 하고” 다른 이들의 영혼도 자랄 수 있도록 도와주는 것은 당신이 먼저 신념을 뛰어넘어야 하는 증명할 수 없는 개념이다. 

But you are inclined to believe this because the first few steps of the path (doing intestine exercises, coming to class regularly, taking Shim Sung, etc.) turned out to be true. So you begin to suspend your disbelief, and let them lead you futher down the path. Once you've gotten to a certain point, once that "Dahn voice" is implanted in your brain, thus allowing you to see and perceive everything thru the Dahn belief system, you will be able to lead others. 
그러나 처음 몇 단계(장운동, 규칙적으로 수업에 임하는 것, 심성 수업 등)의 진실이 밝혀지면서 이를 믿고자 하는 마음이 생기게 된다. 그래서 불신의 마음도 사라지고 지도자들이 당신을 더 깊은 곳으로 이끌어 가도록 내버려둔다. 어떤 지점에 다다르게 되면, 일단 “단 목소리”가 당신의 뇌에 심어지면, 그래서 단의 믿음 시스템을 통해 모든 것을 보고 인지하게 되면, 당신은 이제 다른 사람을 이끌 수 있게 된다. 

The instructors working in the American Dahn centers are working, working, working, making money money money. The ones who are good at it begin to see members as walking dollar signs. The mind control techniques which have disengaged their critical thought processes, don't allow them to perceive that they are not "enlightened." They are not on the path to spiritual enlightenment. The reality of running a Dahn center and making money has nothing to do with enlightenment. The workshops and endless trainings you are pushed into doing are designed to lead you down 1 of 2 paths: 
미국 단 센터에서 일하고 있는 지도자들은 일하고, 일하고, 또 일하면서 돈, 돈, 돈을 만들어낸다. 이를 아주 능숙하게 하게 되면 회원들은 걸어 다니는 달러로 보이게 된다. 중요한 생각을 하는 과정을 풀어헤치는 마인드 컨트롤 기법은 그들이 “깨닫지” 않았다 인식하지 못 하도록 한다. 이들은 영적인 깨달음의 길로 들어서지 않는다. 단 센터를 운영하고 돈을 버는 실체는 깨달음과는 아무런 상관이 없다. 워크샵과 끝없는 훈련의 강요로 당신은 2가지 중 한 가지의 길로 이끌려가게 된다. 

1) Extract as much money from you as possible, until you get fed up and leave (again, these are often the older, middle-aged, wealthier members who don't have the physical strength to become full-fledged instructors) 
1) 당신이 신물이 나 떠날 때까지, 당신에게서 가능한 한 많은 돈을 갈취해 낸다(다시 말하지만, 완전히 지도자가 될 수 있는 체력적 조건을 갖추지 않은 중년의 나이가 많고 부유한 회원이 주로 이에 속한다). 

OR 
혹은 

2) Convince you that becoming a Dahn instructor is what you were "meant" to do, at which point you will begin working in a Dahn center, which isn't pushing you towards enlightenment, but only renders your life, for all practical purposes, that of an indentured servant who is hell-bent on making money for the vision 
2) 단의 지도자가 되는 것이 당신이 “바랬던 것”이라는 확신을 준다. 그러면서 당신은 단에서 일하게 될 것이며, 깨달음을 얻도록 강요하지는 않는다. 그러면서 당신의 삶을, 모든 실용적인 목적에 부합하도록 만들면서, 비전을 위해 돈을 버는데 혈안이 된 계약 노예로 만들게 된다. 

So you see, the only paths available are 1 or 2, and both are a dead end. 
이렇게 1 혹은 2의 길밖에 없다. 그리고 둘 다 막다른 길이다. 

I ask you now: What vision? How are the people on paths 1 or 2 in any way helping to heal the world? If anything, their spending all of their time in Dahn centers is keep them ISOLATED from their communities, all while nurturing a false sense of superiority and arrogance that Dahn is the "one true way" (by the way, yet another cult hallmark - every cult in existence believes that theirs is the one true way). 
이제 나는 묻는다. 비전이 무엇인가? 1이나 2의 길로 들어선 사람이 어떻게 세상을 치유하는데 도움을 줄 수 있는가? 있다손 치더라도, 이들은 단센터에서 대부분의 시간을 보내면서 지역 사회와 단절되어 가면서, 단이 “하나의 진정한 길”이라는 잘못된 우월주의와 거만함에 젖어간다(거의 모든 컬트 집단이 자신들만이 하나의 진정한 길이라 부르짖고 있다). 

The American Dahn movement is designed, I can see now, purely for the purpose of generating more money. I've been around long enough now to say with confidence that I have yet to meet a single person who has joined Dahn and who I believe has achieved "enlightenment." 
지금 보니 미국의 단 운동은 더 많은 돈을 벌기 위한 목적으로 만들어진 것이다. 오랜 시간 단에 있었으므로 이제 나는 자신 있게 말할 수 있다. 단에 가입하고 “깨달음”을 성취했다고 믿는 이는 아직 아무도 없다고. 

I now can see that no one (not even Ilchi Lee) has the power to grant someone else spiritual enlightenment. Note that, historically, humans who are commonly regarded as being "enlightened beings" (Jesus, Buddha, etc.) pursued their own path to enlightenment. They did not get there as part of a military-like group. They followed their own, unique, individual voice. 
이제 보니 그 누구도 (심지어는 일지 이승헌도) 누군가에게 영적인 깨달음을 줄 수 있는 힘을 가진 자는 없다. 역사적으로 볼 때, “깨달음을 얻은 사람”(예수, 부처 등)들은 보통 그들 자신만의 깨달음의 길을 추구했음을 알 수 있다. 이들은 군사와 같은 그룹의 일원이 되어 깨달음을 얻지는 않았다. 그들은 자신만의 독특한, 개인의 목소리를 따랐을 뿐이다. 

Giving their lives for Ilchi Lee's vision to heal the world is what being a Dahn master is all about. They are told, during their master training, that doing this will enable them to get out of the cycle of death and rebirth (reincarnation). They believe that this is their last lifetime as a human, and that when they die, Ilchi Lee will meet their soul at the top of Bell Rock (a sacred Dahn spot in Sedona) and will personally usher them into the next level. They believe they are moving on, after this life, to the next evolutionary level. 
세상을 치유하겠다는 일지 이승헌의 비전을 위해 자신을 삶을 희생하는 것은 단의 마스터들이 하는 일이다. 마스터 훈련 기간 중, 그들은 이렇게 함으로써 죽음과 부활(환생)의 순환에서 스스로 벗어날 수 있다는 가르침을 받는다. 이들은 사람으로써의 마지막 삶이 끝나고 죽으면, 일지 이승헌이가 벨락(세도나에 있는 단의 성지)의 꼭대기에서 그들의 영혼을 맞으며, 친히 다음 단계 (단에서는 천화라고 부른다) 로 그들을 이끌어 줄 것이라 믿는다. 이들은 계속 앞으로 나아가며, 이 삶이 끝난 후, 다음의 진화된 레벨로 갈 것이라 믿는다. 

I know that the enticement of regarding oneself as part of a special, elite group, who are actually being given the opportunity to achieve enlightenment in this lifetime, is a powerful draw. And giving that up, for Dahn instructors who leave, can be traumatic. But they almost all do leave. Of the hundreds of American members/instructors whom I have met over the last decade in my region, less than 5 are still standing. Everyone else is gone, and has been replaced by naive new members who have no idea of the vast numbers of people who came before them, and left. And now, so am I. 
이번 생애에서 깨달음을 얻을 기회를 실제로 받은 특별한 엘리트 그룹의 한 사람이라는 꼬임의 힘은 위대함을 나는 알고 있다. 그리고 단의 지도자가 이를 포기하고 떠나면 정신적으로 충격을 받을 수 있다. 그러나 그들은 떠난다. 내가 살고 있는 지역에서 지난 10년간 내가 만난 미국인 회원과 지도자들 수백 명 중에 지금까지 단에 몸담고 있는 이는 5명이 안 된다. 모든 사람이 떠났고, 전에 있다가 떠난 수많은 사람들에 대해서는 아무 것도 모르는 새로운 회원들로 교체되어 왔다. 그리고 이제 나도 마찬가지로 떠났다.