James Randi 사이트  

번호 : 5764   글쓴이 : yodai   조회 : 98   스크랩 : 11   날짜 : 2007.05.10 11:17 

More Religious Politics, Montel´s Cynicism, What Is Science?, Appropriate Action Taken, The Clarins Fraud Revisited, A Win in Philadelphia, Keeping Up With Science, Just For Fun?, My Boo-Boo, Book 

MORE KOREAN PSYCHICS 
한국의 점쟁이 연구

원문링크---- http://www.randi.org/jr/100104court.html#4

Reader Matt Briggs wrote me asking about how to control a bunch of Korean kids who were presented as geniuses who could read while blindfolded, and who would be be "tested" — which means put on a show — soon in his area. I suggested: 
독자인 매트 브리지스씨는 눈을 가리고도 읽을 수 있는 천재라고 소개된 한국의 아이들을 어떻게 통제하며 누가 그들의 능력을 그렇게 빨리 “시험”하여 쇼에 내 보내는지를 나에게 물어왔다. 나는 대답했다. 

Have they agreed to use envelopes? I'm sure they haven't. 
You HAVE TO work within their limits, as they state them; you can't ask a swimmer to fly..... 
Just hold a piece of paper under their chins, and bring the colored paper beneath that. They won't be able to see....
그들이 봉투를 사용하는데 동의했을까요? 전 안 했다고 확신합니다.
그들이 자신에 대해서 말한 것처럼, 당신도 그들의 한계 내에서 일해야 합니다. 수영하는 사람에게 날아보라고는 할 수 없죠….
그 사람들 턱 밑에 종이 한 장을 대곤, 색이 있는 종이를 그 밑에다 해 보세요. 
아마 색종이는 못 볼 겁니다. 

Matt responded: 
매트가 대답했다:

Thanks very much for the tips, but I must report that the experiment happened on Monday night (about 30+ showed; many people from MIT and Harvard: I don't have a list, unfortunately), and was a failure in the sense that the kids did no better than chance. In fact, it was worse than that. I can also say that the whole thing is no longer confidential and can openly be reported. 
조언에 감사 드립니다. 그러나 지난 월요일 밤에 있었던 일에 대해서 말씀을 안 드릴 수가 없군요. (약 30분 이상 진행된 쇼로, MIT와 하바드에서 많은 사람들이 참석했습니다. 불행히도 명단은 없네요.) 이 쇼에서 그 아이들은 지난 번만큼 잘 하지 못 했습니다. 사실, 지난 번보다 훨씬 나빴죠. 이제 더 이상 비밀이 아니므로, 자유로이 이야기해도 되겠군요. 

The Korean team actually agreed to use the envelopes, and even announced that they had practiced with them for two weeks before the experiment. They were claiming hit rates of 80-90% with the envelopes during these two weeks. I have no clear idea how they did these unsupervised trials.
한국인 팀은 사실 봉투를 사용하는 것을 허락했고, 실험 2주 전부터 봉투를 사용해서 실험했다고 말하기까지 했습니다. 그리고 지난 2주간, 눈가리개를 하고도 정답율이 80-90%에 이르렀다고 주장했습니다. 그들이 감독도 없이 이 실험을 어떻게 했는지, 저로써는 의심이 되더군요. 

Matt doesn't say here what the target pool was, playing cards or letter cards, though from what comes later, I believe they were just colored cards Leaves us a bit unable to give an analysis....! Continuing.... 
여기서 매트는 목표 범위가 카드 게임이나 글자 카드라는 것을 말하지 않았으나, 후에 언급하게 된다. 내 생각에 그것은 색이 있는 카드로 우리가 분석하기에는 약간 어려움이 있는 것 같았다. 계속해서 보자..

I had the exact same materials for the experiment with the exception that I glue-sticked the envelopes shut instead of just closing them. They also agree to this beforehand. Actually, my two sons (back in New York) glued and stuffed the numbered envelopes using a randomization sheet that was unknown to me, so that nobody in the room at the time of the experiment, including me, knew the order of the cards. I carried a separate sealed envelope that contained the list so that I could check with what the proctors had written down during the experiment. 
실험 시 저는 전과 같은 재료들을 사용했습니다. 하지만 봉투를 그냥 닫는 것으로 그치지 않고 봉투에 풀칠을 해서 붙여버렸습니다. 실험 전에 이미 그들도 이에 동의했었습니다. 사실 나의 두 아들들(뉴욕으로 돌아갔습니다)이 무작위로 종이를 뽑아 번호가 적힌 봉투에 넣고 풀로 붙였기 때문에, 저도 안에 뭐가 든 지 모르고, 당시 그 방에 있던 사람들도 카드의 순서를 알지 못 했습니다. 저는 목록이 담긴 채 봉합된 봉투들을 가지고 와 감독관이 실험하는 동안 무엇을 써 놓았는지 확인할 수 있었습니다. 

The three kids, who sat together at a table, started the evening by doing a blindfold "demonstration." But only one kid at a time was blindfolded. Not surprisingly, all the kids got the blindfold guesses correct. I'm pretty sure they didn't peek below their nose, though they could have above it because they held the cards up high in the air to indicate that they were ready to announce their guess. 
같은 테이블에 앉아있던 세 아이들은 눈을 가리고 하는 “실험”으로 그 날 저녁 쇼를 시작했습니다. 그러나 한 번에 한 아이의 눈만 가렸습니다. 놀랄 것도 없이 눈을 가리고 한 아이들의 추측은 모두 맞았습니다. 코 밑으로 엿본 것은 아니라고 확신합니다. 추측한 것을 말할 때 이미 카드를 위로 들고 있었기 때문에 엿볼 수 없었죠. 

But I and two other proctors, who both had experience in magic and statistics, felt that the kids were cluing each other (the third proctor admitted the possibility but did not care to guess). All in the room could see the card except the blindfolded kid. The kids were fairly close to one another and they were allowed to move about and talk when the other of them was blindfolded. I have suggested to the main researcher, who is unaffiliated with the Korean Institute for Brain Science (KIBS), ways that we can check this. Somehow, and you'll be shocked to learn this, but somehow they are not interested in finding out if the kids are cheating! 
그러나 나와 또 다른 두 명의 감독관은 –둘 다 마술과 통계학 경험이 있습니다- 아이들이 서로에게 정보를 주는 것 같은 느낌을 받았습니다 (세 번째 감독관이 가능성을 인정하기는 했지만, 이런 짐작에는 신경 쓰지 않았습니다). 눈을 가린 아이를 제외하고는 방 안에 있는 사람 모두가 카드를 볼 수 있습니다. 아이들은 서로 가까이에 앉아있었고, 한 아이가 눈을 가리고 있는 동안, 두 아이는 돌아다니면서 이야기를 나누는 것도 허용되고 있었습니다. 한국뇌과학연구원(KIBS)과는 관계가 없는 주연구원에게 나는 우리가 이러한 것들을 확인할 수 있는 방법들을 제시했다. 아무래도 당신이 이것을 알게 되면 충격을 받게 될 터이지만, 어쩐지 그들은 아이들이 속이는 지를 파악하는 데에는 관심이 없었습니다. 

The main trial then began. Each kid had a separate proctor, and I watched from the sidelines. It was a very fair experiment, with the kid taking up to 20 minutes to guess, then announcing his guess in English, the proctor repeated the guess, the kid confirm!ed it loud enough for all to hear, the proctor wrote down the guess then checked the envelope for holes or tears, then the proctor opened it and wrote down the actual color. They never found any holes and so on, though one kid's envelopes were consistently wet as if he tried to lick them (the paper was too thick to allow him to see anything, even so); the dampness could also have been sweat as the kid held the cards to his face tightly.
그런 후, 본시험이 시작되었습니다. 한 아이당 한 명의 감독관이 배정되고, 나는 옆에서 지켜보았습니다. 그것은 매우 공정한 시험으로, 아이들은 약 20분 간의 추측 시간을 가진 후, 추측한 바를 영어로 발표하였고, 감독관이 그 추측을 다시 반복하여 말한 후, 아이는 모든 사람이 들을 수 있을 정도로 큰 소리로 다시 확인해서 말하고, 감독관이 추측한 바를 종이에 쓴 후에, 봉투에 구멍이나 뜯어진 곳이 있는지 확인합니다. 그런 후, 감독관이 봉투를 열어 그 안에 든 색상의 이름을 적습니다. 아이가 속에 든 것을 보려고 노력한 탓에 봉투는 젖어있지만(그러나 안을 들여다 보기에는 종이가 너무 두껍습니다), 구멍이나 다른 이상한 점은 발견하지 못 합니다. 봉투가 젖은 이유는 아이가 카드를 얼굴 가까이에 대고 있어서 땀이 묻은 것이지요. 

Again, I'm poorly informed, Matt. Who supplied the cards? How many different colors? What size were they, etc.? 
나의 설명이 또 부족했군요, 매트. 누가 그 카드를 공급했죠? 몇 가지 색상이 쓰였나요? 크기는 어느 정도였죠? 
Gist is that one kid did 7 trials, the other two did 6 each then the experiment was stopped out of concern for the kids' anxiety. They were scheduled to do 12 trials each. They got 4 hits during these 19 trials, right what chance would predict (kid one got 1, kid two got 1, kid three got 2). 
한 아이는 일곱 번의 실험을 했고, 다른 두 아이들은 여섯 번씩 시험했습니다. 그런 후, 아이들이 불안해 한다는 이유로 시험은 중단되었습니다. 원래는 한 아이당 12번씩 시험하기로 되어 있었는데 말입니다. 이들은 19번의 시험을 하는 동안 겨우 4번 맞췄습니다. 생각보다 적었죠 (1번 아이는 한 번, 2번 아이도 한 번, 3번 아이가 두 번 맞췄습니다).

At this point, the oldest kid (15 years old) wanted to do another blindfold demonstration. Same as before: he got both new cards right. It was then suggested that all three kids be blindfolded at once, and that, respectfully, no noise be made. I didn't love this idea because there were many other people in the room who could have cheated if they wanted to, but the audience insisted on it. Only kids two and three attempted a reading, but kid one was blindfolded anyway. Whereas before, each kid could do a blindfold experiment in about a minute, this time it took about five to seven minutes until kid number three started to complain of a stomachache. And so, even the last blindfold demonstration was called off with no guesses made. 
이 때, 가장 나이가 많은 아이가(15세) 눈을 가리고 하는 다른 시험을 해 보겠다고 했습니다. 앞에서와 마찬가지로 아이에게는 새로운 카드를 들려 주었습니다. 그런 후, 세 아이 모두 동시에 눈을 가리자는 제안이 나왔고, 그에 대해 아무도 발언하지 않았습니다. 방 안에는 원한다면 속임수를 쓸 수도 있는 사람들이 많이 있었기 때문에 저는 이 생각이 별로 마음에 들지 않았습니다만, 관객들은 모두 눈을 가리게 하자는데 동의했습니다. 2번과 3번 아이만이 읽기를 시도했었고, 어쨌든 세 번째 아이만은 눈을 가리고 있었으니까요. 전과는 달리, 모든 아이들이 약 1분간 눈을 가리고 실험에 돌입했습니다. 약 5-7분 정도 지나니 세 번째 아이가 복통을 호소하기 시작했습니다. 그렇게 해서 마지막으로 눈을 가리고 시행한 시험도 아무런 추측도 이루어지지 않은 채 그렇게 끝나버렸습니다.

The evening ended with the main experimenter (Dr. Lee) saying that, "Absence of evidence...", hoping that more trials would be done, that none of us really understood what is going on, and with the head of the KIBS saying, through an interpreter, something about "mysterious Z-rays that are absorbed or emitted by the human brain." 
이날 저녁은 주실험자(이 박사)의 “증거의 부재…”, 좀 더 많은 시험이 완수되었으면 한다, 어떤 일이 일어나는지 그 누구도 이해하지 못 한다는 말과 KIBS의 대표가 통역사를 통해 말한, “신비한 z-선이 인간의 두뇌에 흡수되거나 두뇌로부터 방출된다”라고 말하는 등으로 끝이 났습니다. 

So it is now, of course, two days later that the recriminations and alternative explanations begin. The group has told me that will continue to practice very hard with the envelopes and will try the experiment again. It's not clear whether I and the proctors will be allowed to witness it. 
그래서 지금, 이틀이 지난 후에야 비난과 대체 설명을 시작합니다. 그룹에서는 저에게 봉투를 사용하여 매우 혹독한 훈련을 감행할 것이며 실험을 다시 시도할 것이라고 말했습니다. 나와 다른 감독관들이 훈련 모습을 볼 수 있도록 허락될지는 확실치 않습니다.

I also suggested to them that if they truly get as good as they say they can, that they contact you to win that million bucks. No bites on that yet. 
그들이 말한 것처럼 정말 잘 할 수만 있다면, 당신을 만나 그 백만 달러를 받을 수 있을 것이라고도 말했습니다. 그러나 아직까지 그에 대한 답변은 없습니다.

We, Dr. Lee and I, plan to write these results up, though I don't know where to submit them. Before the experiment I was told that I would be allowed to write whatever I wanted and that if I could not then I would write my own paper. 
이박사와 나는 그 결과를 바탕으로 제출할 곳도 정해지지 않은 보고서를 작성하기로 하였습니다. 원하는 것이라면 무엇이든 쓸 수 있는 그 실험이 시작되기 전에, 만약 그럴 수 없다면, 나만의 보고서를 작성하리라 마음 먹었습니다.

I've left out a lot of details but I have already gone on too long. Thank you for your patience and for the interest. You are a great hero of mine and if I did this experiment right it was because I tried to pay close attention to what you have done before.
많은 세부 사항들을 생략했지만, 나는 이미 너무 멀리 와 있습니다. 당신의 인내심과 관심에 감사 드립니다. 당신은 나의 위대한 영웅이며, 만약 제가 실험을 잘 진행했다면, 그건 당신이 전에 한 것에 주의를 기울이기 위하려고 노력했기 때문일 것입니다.

Matt, sympathetic as I am to your situation, you let the kids run away with the situation. That doesn't happen when I get going on such a test. For example, I just spent the last two days here in Würzburg testing "psychics," and it never once got out of hand. A full report will be forthcoming as soon as I'm back in the States. Those tests were for the million-dollar JREF prize, and I'll be doing others while I'm over here.... 
매트, 내가 당신 상황이라고 생각해 볼 때, 당신은 아이들이 그냥 그 상황을 이끌어 가도록 내버려뒀군요. 제가 그런 시험을 했다면, 그런 일은 일어나지 않았을 겁니다. 저는 여기 뷔르츠부르크에서 “심령학” 시험을 하며 지난 이들을 보냈고, 방금 미국으로 돌아왔습니다. 그 시험들은 백만달러 JREF 상금을 위한 것이었으며, 여기 머무르는 동안, 다른 이들에게도 시험을 할 것입니다…

EXPENSIVE TURTLE 
    비싼 거북이

원문링크---http://www.randi.org/jr/112604yes.html#3 

--10차원 물질로 만들어 졌다는 천금각에 대한 글 - 4천불이 넘는돈을 받고 팔아 먹다가 도금이 벗겨지고 효과가 전혀 없는 불량품이라는게 알려지자 슬그머니 자취를 감췄습니다 --

Reader Lisa Zawadski comments on merchandise offered by "Master" IIchi Lee's website, from an item that we ran last week: 
독자인 리사 자와드스키씨는 우리가 지난 주에 개재했던 물품 중에 “마스터” 이일지의 웹사이트에서 판매되고 있는 제품에 대한 이야기를 해 주었다.

The Brain Respiration gang's Power Brain is a steal at $90. Check out the $4000+ Healing Turtle! It has the "greatest healing energy of all the healing products." I suppose it's just a coincidence it's the most expensive too. And Healing Turtle has great Feng Shui too! Why do people stick up liquor stores and go to jail when this sort of crime is so much easier?
뇌호흡 동회회의 파워 브레인은 90달러짜리 횡재예요. 4000달러짜리 치료용 거북이만 봐도 그렇습니다. “치료 제품들 중 가장 위대한 치료 에너지”를 가진 제품입니다. 동종류들 중에서도 가장 비싼 것은 우연이 아닐까 합니다. 치료용 거북이는 위대한 풍수 사상을 내재하고 있기도 합니다! 이런 식의 범죄가 훨씬 더 쉬운데, 왜 사람들은 주류 판매점 같은데 집착하는거죠?

A NEW MOON 
새로운 문( 통일교의 교주 문선명을 지칭함)

원문링크----http://www.randi.org/jr/111904the.html#7

In the 1970s the "Moonies" emerged as a still-growing cult following the bizarre ideas of Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who founded the Unification Church. Moon has now moved far beyond that humble beginning to become the friend of presidents, to own the Washington Times, and to flaunt his status as a multi-billionaire — despite his IRS conviction and the resulting 13-month vacation in federal prison in 1984. 
1970년대에 통일 교회를 설립한 거룩한 문선명의 괴상한 생각에 따라 그를 숭상하는 사람들이 여전히 성장하고 있는 우상 집단인 “통일교”를 만들어냈습니다. 문씨는 대통령과 친구가 되면서 겸손하게 시작하여, 워싱턴 타임즈를 소유하게 되었고, IRS의 유죄 판결로 1984년 연방 교도소에서 13개월간의 휴가를 지냈음에도 불구하고 수백만장자로써 그의 위치를 과시하고 있습니다. 

Well, there's a new Moon on the horizon, with an organization boasting centers in Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Northern California, Texas, and Virginia. His name is Ilchi Lee, aka Seung Heun Lee, founder of Dahn Centers and many other organizations. And he espouses "Brain Respiration," whatever that may be. 
이제는 조지아, 하와이, 일리노이, 매릴랜드, 뉴저지, 뉴욕, 북캘리포니아, 텍사스, 버지니아 등지에 교회를 자랑하기 위한 센터들을 운영하는 새로운 달이 지평선 상에 있습니다. 그의 이름은 이승헌, 별명인 이일지로 더 알려진 이 사람은 단 센터 및 다른 많은 기관들을 설립한 사람입니다. 그리고 그게 뭔지는 모르지만, “뇌호흡”을 주장하는 사람이기도 합니다. 

His "spiritual name" Ilchi literally means "a finger pointing to the truth," we're told. I have to wonder which finger is being referred to.... 
그의 “정신적 이름”인 일지의 글자 그대로의 뜻은 “진실을 가리키는 손가락”이랍니다. 여기서 나는 어떤 손가락을 뜻하는지 궁금해졌습니다..

Lee's group claims that it's here to "save the world" through "energy" and "healing." This is supposedly done by "sharing love with the world." Lee, not about to ignore one of the tired old favorite canards of the mystics — that humans only use 10% of their brains — says: 
이씨가 이끌고 있는 그룹은 “에너지”와 “치유”를 통해 “세계를 구원한다”고 주장합니다. 이는 아마도 “세계와 함께 사랑을 공유하자”는 것에서 나온 듯 합니다. 신비주의자들이 가장 좋아하는 오래되고 싫증난 헛소문 하나도 무시하지 않는 이씨는 인간이 뇌의 10%만을 사용하고 있다고 말하고 있습니다.

I say "find the 90%!" I mean take control of the 90% of your brain that you are still not using. The aim of the development of our brain lies in the installation of Peace. Enlightenment has no meaning if it does not contribute to peace, health and happiness. So where does enlightenment occur? It occurs in our brain. I was struggling to find that answer for twenty years, and the result is Brain Respiration and HSP.
저는 “90%를 찾아라!”라고 말합니다. 아직 사용하지 않고 있는 뇌의 90%를 스스로 제어해 보란 말입니다. 우리의 뇌를 개발하는 목적은 평화라는 설치물 위에 있습니다. 깨달음이 평화, 건강, 행복에 아무런 공헌도 하지 못 한다면, 그 의미는 없는 것이나 마찬가지입니다. 그럼 어디서 깨달음이 일어나야 할까요? 바로 우리 뇌의 깨달음이 일어나야 합니다. 저는 20년간 그 해답을 찾기 위해 노력했고, 그 해답은 바로 뇌호흡과 HSP입니다. 
("HSP" is "Heightened Somato-Sensory Perception," in case you're not up on the latest claptrap.) 
(“HSP”란 “고등 감각 지각력의 고취”라는 뜻으로, 당신이 최신 뉴스를 잘 모르는 경우.)

The "Ilchi Center for Brain Research" sells products such as necklaces and bracelets that they say "help energy flow," a $90 "power brain," and a "portable brain energizer" in the form of a spongy, yellow lump that vibrates and fits in one's palm. Lee preaches that at first, he just "transfers cosmic energy to people." New students have "aura pictures" taken, and they get an "energy checkup" before their "individualized training plan" is created for them. And, Lee has established "Peaceology for Earth Humans," all a part of the huggy, lovey, vague, dreamy, and juvenile atmosphere in which the naﶥ and desperate become so easily trapped and submerged. 
“일지 뇌 연구 센터”에서는 “에너지의 흐름을 도와준다”는 목걸이와 팔찌, 90달러짜리 “파워 브레인”, 스폰지 형태의 “가지고 다닐 수 있는 뇌 에너자이저”, 손바닥에서 진동하는 노란색 덩어리등과 같은 제품도 판매합니다. 처음에 그는 자신이 단지 “우주의 에너지를 사람들에게 전달하는 것”이라고 말했습니다. 새로 온 학생들은 “오라 사진”을 찍고, “개인 훈련 계획”을 세우기 전에 “에너지 점검”을 받습니다. 이씨는 “지구상의 사람들을 위한 평화학”을 설립하였으며, 이 학문은 절망적인 사람이라면 너무 쉽게 걸려들고 몰두할 수 있도록 사랑스럽고, 모호하며, 꿈꾸는 듯하고, 유치한 분위기로 일관하고 있습니다. 

Lee claims that his center studies the brain, "Brain Respiration," and HSP "in conjunction with the Korea Brain Research Institute, University of California, Harvard Medical Department, and Cornell Medical Department." Frankly, I doubt that claim. Perhaps some readers may care to ask Harvard and Cornell if they are associated with Lee? It appears that he did lecture for the Harvard school of Divinity, but that does not indicate any "association" of Harvard with his eccentric notions. On his website, we read that the University of California at Irvine's Center for Brain Aging and Dementia is specifically studying his methodology. Not so, says the director there, Dr. Carl Cotman: "We do not endorse him. At all." 
이씨는 자신의 센터가 한국뇌과학연구원, 캘리포니아 대학, 하버드 의대, 코넬 의대와 제휴하여 함께 뇌, “뇌호흡”, “HSP”에 대해 연구한다고 주장합니다. 솔직히 말해서 저는 이 주장이 의심스럽습니다. 아마 몇몇 독자들은 하버드와 코넬에게 이씨와 연관이 있는지를 물어보는 게 어떠냐고 하실 겁니다. 그가 하버드 신학 대학에서 강연을 하는 것은 사실입니다만, 그가 말한 것처럼 하버드와 어떤 “제휴 관계”를 맺고 있는 것은 아니었습니다. 그의 웹사이트를 보면, 뇌의 노화와 치매를 위한 캘리포니아 대학교 어바인 센터에서 특히 그의 방법론을 연구하고 있다는 기사를 접할 수 있습니다. 그러나 그 학교 이사장인 칼 코트맨 박사는 “그런 적 없습니다. 전혀.”라고 말했습니다.

This is another of those Moonie-like schemes in which "students'" are encouraged to leave their families and work for only room and board, proselytizing others constantly and worshipping their guru. Many of the victims awaken before they drown in this syrup of nonsense-and-hype, but those who don't either drop out or suicide, grow older and poorer by the day — both financially and emotionally. But it's safe from government interference; that veteran of scam Reverend Moon is living proof of this country's protection and support of such quackery. 
“학생들”은 집과 가족을 떠나 칠판이 있는 방안에서 일하면서 다른 사람들을 계속 전도하고 자신들의 지도자를 숭배해야만 한다는 점에서 이것 역시 통일교스러운 조직 체계를 가지고 있다고 할 수 있습니다. 대부분의 희생자들이 이 말도 안 되는 사기의 시럽에 빠져 익사하기 전에 정신을 차리기는 하지만, 떠나지 않거나 자살하지 않는 사람들은 나이가 들어가면서 재정적으로나 정신적으로나 점점 더 가난해집니다. 그러나 정부의 간섭으로부터는 자유롭습니다. 거룩한 베테랑 사기꾼 문선명씨는 그런 엉터리들을 이 나라가 보호해주고 지원해준다는 살아있는 증거입니다. 

ILCHI LEE REVISITED 
이일지씨에 대한  재고

원문 링크--- http://www.randi.org/jr/121704no.html#3

Sheldon W. Helms, Department of Psychology at Ohlone College in Fremont, California, made an inquiry about one of the claims made by scam-artist Ilchi Lee of academic support from Weill Cornell Medical College (see www.randi.org/jr/111904the.html#7) and had this response from Sean Kelliher, of the college Public Affairs department: 
캘리포니아 프리몬트 올론 대학교 심리학과의 쉘던 W. 헬름스는 웨일 코넬 의대(www.randi.org/jr/111904the.html#7 참조)에서 학문적으로 지원한 사기꾼 예술가 이일지가 주장한 것에 대하여 조사하였고, 공적학과 대학의 션 케일러로부터 다음과 같은 답변을 받았습니다.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. "Brain Respiration" is not associated with Weill Cornell Medical College. After our issuing a verbal "cease and desist" order, they have removed the reference to WC from their website. Again, thanks for your help. 
정보에 감사합니다. “뇌호흡”은 웨일 코넬 의대와는 관련이 없습니다. 말로 “우물거리고 중지하라”라는 명령을 발행한 후, 그들은 WC에 대한 정보를 웹사이트에서 없앴습니다. 도움에 감사드립니다. 

Continuing to check out Lee's claims, we managed to contact Dr. Joseph Ingelfinger - who had also been cited by Lee — to find out if he had, in fact, researched Brain Respiration (BR) and found paranormal effects, as Lee had proudly claimed on his website. While Dr. Ingelfinger had told others that he has not researched BR, nor has he personally seen any research evidence of paranormal effects from BR, when I asked him to verify that this was a true statement, he informed me that he now would rather not have any statement of his published. There has to be a reason other than shyness at work here. How much more of Lee's other claims of validation will be found spurious, and what hold does he have over these people? 
이씨의 주장을 확인해 나가는 동안, 우리는 이씨가 그의 웹사이트에 뇌호흡(BR)과 과학적으로는 설명할 수 없는 효과들을 연구했다고 자랑스럽게 주장한 조셉 인겔핑거 박사와 연락을 취해보았습니다. 인겔핑거 박사가 우리에게 BR을 연구해 본 적도 없고, 개인적으로는 과학적으로 설명할 수 없는 BR의 효과를 연구 증거로 본 적 조차 없다고 우리에게 이야기할 때, 나는 그의 말이 사실임을 증명할 수 있느냐 물었고, 그는 차라리 그가 간행한 글들에 대해 아무 말도 하지 않는 것이 낫겠다고 내게 말했습니다. 여기에는 수줍음보다는 뭔가 다른 이유가 있을 것입니다. 얼마나 더 많은 이씨의 주장이 허위임이 밝혀질까요, 그리고 그는 이 사람들에게 어떤 협박을 했을까요?

THE SITUATION IN KOREA 
한국의 상황

원문링크---http://www.randi.org/jr/121004science.html#5

Reader Dave Webster, in Korea, tells us of the beliefs and confusion there: 
독자인 데이브 웹스터, 한국에서, 그곳의 신념과 혼란에 대해 말하다:

I was very interested to see that Ilchi Lee has taken his show on the road. As a ten year veteran of life in Korea I am accustomed to seeing posters advertising his system, known here as Dahn Hak, on every street corner. Indeed there are several centers here in my town. I'm very sorry, though hardly surprised, to hear that it's growing over there as well. 
저는 이일지가 길거리에서 보여준 쇼를 보는 것이 매우 흥미로웠습니다. 한국에서 10년이나 산 베테랑인 저는 그의 시스템에 대해 선전하는 포스터를 보는 것과 거리마다 붙어있는 단학에 대해서도 익숙합니다. 제가 사는 동네에도 여러 개의 센터들이 있고요. 거기까지 퍼져있다는 사실을 듣고, 유감이기는 하지만, 전혀 놀랍지는 않네요. 

As much nonsense as the West can swallow, the East can easily provide. Korea is literally awash in nonsense and credulity. They cherish their myths and legends and no new undertaking is complete without a semi-mystical story to explain its origins. One of my favorites is a system of swordsmanship said to improve mental powers (Hae Dong Gumdo in Korean), clearly borrowed from a similar Japanese style that has been widely known for years, that the founder here claimed it's based on the secret techniques taught to him by a mysterious traveler named Baek Doo San who lived in and wandered about the mountains of Korea. Strangely, the name of the alleged traveling sword master, Baek Doo San, is also the name of a revered mountain in North Korea. So when did they romantic event occur, 16th century? Yi Dynasty? Nope. Sometime since the 1980's judging by the relatively young age of the founder. 
서양이 집어 삼킬 수 있는 허튼 소리들이 동양에서는 쉽게 만들어집니다. 한국에는 그러한 허튼 소리들과 경신할 수 있는 것들이 지천입니다. 그들은 자신들의 신화와 전설을 소중히 여기며, 그의 근원이 여간 신비롭지 않아서는 새로운 것을 완전히 받아들이지도 않습니다. 제가 가장 좋아하는 시스템 중 하나는 검도로써, 이는 정신력을 증대시킨다고 알려져 있으나(한국의 해동검도), 수년간 널리 알려져 있는 일본식 검도와 매우 유사합니다. 해동검도의 창시자는 한국의 명산들에서만 살아 온 백두산이라는 신비한 여행객이 그에게 가르쳐준 신비한 기법을 바탕으로 이 검도를 창시했다고 주장합니다. 이상하게도 그 백두산이라는 검술의 대가이자 여행객의 이름은 북한에 위치한 명산의 이름과 같습니다. 그렇다면 이들의 로맨틱한 이벤트는 언제 일어난 것일까요? 16세기? 이씨 조선때? 아닙니다. 창시자의 어린 나이로 어림짐작하건대, 1980년대 어느 해가 아닌가 추정됩니다. 

Laughably, anyone who has spent any time in modern Korea knows how absurd the idea of traveling sword masters and itinerant warrior monks is. This is a thoroughly modernized, high tech society in the same vein as Japan or the U.S. Sadly, many westerners are still gullible enough, not to mentioned poorly informed enough, to believe this type of romantic nonsense, and as long as the money keeps coming in we'll continue receiving Dahn Hak, Hae Dong Gumdo, Feng Shui, Oriental Medicine, and a whole lot more. Incidentally, a quick internet search revealed that Hae Dong Gumdo is now international as well. 
우스꽝스럽게도, 현대 한국에서 시간을 보낸 사람이라면 누구나 여행하는 검술의 대가와 순회하는 전사이자 수도자가 얼마나 우스꽝스러운 이야기인지를 알고 있습니다. 이곳은 일본이나 미국처럼 완전한 현대식 하이테크 사회입니다. 슬프게도, 많은 서양인들이 아직도 많이들 속고, 정보력이 부족할 뿐만 아니라 이런 종류의 로맨틱한 넌센스를 잘 믿으며, 단학, 해동검도, 풍수, 한의학 등에 많은 돈을 퍼 붓습니다. 말이 난 김에 하는 말인데, 인터넷을 검색해 보면, 해동검도도 이제 국제적인 집단으로 나타납니다. 

I could write volumes about the inane beliefs and urban legends that are routinely believed and fiercely defended here. One of my wife's friends, a newlywed, is currently trying to find a "lucky" apartment to move into based on the advice of a fortune teller who told her that only apartments whose names begin with a certain letter will ensure a happy and prosperous marriage. She paid a pretty penny for this startling insight into the workings of the cosmos and now finds herself and her husband commuting an hour each way to work as a result. But it's a small price to pay for luck. 
저는 여기서 기계적으로 맹신하고 맹렬하게 옹호되는 어리석은 신념과 도시 특유의 전설에 대해 책을 몇 권도 쓸 수 있습니다. 내 아내의 친구 중 하나는 신혼인데, 점쟁이를 찾아갔더니 특정한 글자로 시작하는 아파트에서 살면 결혼 생활이 행복과 번영의 연속일 것이라 하여, 그 “행운의” 아파트를 찾고 있는 중입니다. 그녀는 이 우주의 작용을 통한 놀라운 통찰력에 꽤 많은 푼돈을 지불했다는데, 그 결과 그녀와 남편은 오며 가며 한 시간씩 통근을 하고 있습니다. 그러나 행운을 위한 거라는데, 그건 감수해야 한다네요. 

To try to put into perspective just how awash this place is in credulity and wishful thinking, seven of the world's ten largest protestant churches are here in Korea. 'Nuff said. And to all the silly westerners looking for answers in Asia, remember that there is truly nothing new under the Sun. There are no magical answers or powers here, anymore than there are at home.
이곳을 어떻게 경신과 소망이 가득한 생각으로 가득 채울 수 있을까 노력해 봤지만, 세계에서 가장 크다는 교회 10개 중 7개가 여기 한국에 있습니다. 말할 필요도 없죠. 그리고 아시아에서 해답을 찾아 헤매는 바보 같은 서양인들에게 말하고 싶습니다. 태양 아래 정말로 새로운 것은 아무것도 없다고요. 여기에는 가정에 있는 것보다 더 마술과 같은 해답이나 힘도 없습니다. 

Richard, I am regularly asked if some countries are more superstitious or pseudoscience-oriented than others, and my answer is that it's similar to the different kinds of cuisine that are found around the world. Though the flavors and style of serving are different, the language and costumes vary, and the table manners may be dissimilar, food is still food. Before I went to Korea on my last trip, I was assured that I'd find very different sorts of paranormal and supernatural claims there. Not at all to my surprise, I found quite the same scams, methods, tricks, gibberish, and delusions there as I'd found in many other cultures. 
리차드씨, 저는 어떤 나라가 좀 더 미신에 사로 잡혀 있거나 사이비 과학에 의거한 무언가를 더 가지고 있는지를 정기적으로 묻고 합니다. 그리고 그에 대한 제 대답은 나라마다 특색 있는 요리법이 있는 것과 같다 입니다. 향료와 서빙하는 스타일이 다르고, 언어와 복장이 다르고, 식탁 예절도 다를 수 있습니다만, 음식은 여전히 음식입니다. 지난 번 한국에 갔을 때, 저는 여러 가지 과학적으로 설명할 수 없는 초자연적인 주장들을 발견했다고 확신합니다. 놀랄 일도 아닙니다. 전세계 다른 어느 문화에서도 발견했었던 똑 같은 종류의 사기와 방법, 수법, 영문도 모를 말들과 현혹들이었습니다. 

Next week, some news about Ilchi Lee's and "Brain Respiration's" claimed references and endorsements....  
다음 주에 이일지와 “뇌호흡”에 대한 몇 가지 뉴스가 참조 및 시인되었다고 주장했습니다….

문서 첨부 제한 : 0Byte/ 2.00MB
파일 제한 크기 : 2.00MB (허용 확장자 : *.*)
번호
제목
글쓴이
공지 단월드 지도자가 옆에서 본 이승헌의 추악한 실체 14
물은물
2016-05-11 1151324
공지 이승헌의 성추행 사건기록서 동부지검문서 열람을 촉구합니다 2
xman
2016-05-06 1030219
공지 단월드 환불 상담글만 여기에 댓글 쓰십시요 16
xman
2016-05-06 1062179
공지 단월드는 종교단체입니다.(이승헌의 선불교 종교 특허 출원증) 5
xman
2016-05-06 1055138
공지 안티들은 모두 기독교다?(단월드 수뇌부들이 작성한 안티 실체) 1
xman
2016-05-06 821217
공지 단월드 사이비교주 이승헌의 사기술의 백미 - 천금각 납거북이 114
xman
2016-05-06 2276116
공지 납거북이 판매대금 착복한 단월드 이승헌을 고발합니다. file
물은물
2016-05-02 1023263
85 손지민씨에 대해 - [공지] 실명 및 단체명 가림에 대한 안내
물은물
2016-05-01 35199
84 피해사례 - 안녕하십니까? 저는 수원에 살고 있는 N(32세)입니다
물은물
2016-05-01 39758
83 이승헌 뇌호흡의 HSP(고등감각인지)에 대해 경각심을 가져야
물은물
2016-05-01 52513
82 천부성 - 시공을 초월해 있는 별,,절대적인 개념,, 10차원의 기가 마구 뿜어져 나오는 곳.. 선계에 가실분 손을 드시오?
물은물
2016-05-01 35788
81 배신자들(2) - 박인수 박무열 등
물은물
2016-05-01 35829
80 배신자들(1) - 인민재판도 아니고 제자들 모아놓고 강천을 하면서 이런 짓을 합니다.. 차장량 김태영 배국근 등등
물은물
2016-05-01 35853
79 국제뇌교육종합대학원대학교 ...이름은 그럴둣하지... 순 사기꾼들..
물은물
2016-05-01 34539
78 음성 내공법, 천지기운과 일지파워 file
물은물
2016-05-01 34565
77 일지파워 원리 - 일지파워가 해인이다
물은물
2016-05-01 32872
76 The Guardian 신문
물은물
2016-05-01 48941
75 이승헌의 퇴진 페인팅 모션 file